DAY 21 - Monday, 13th July, 2015
We have spent almost two weeks in Kilrush Marina. But now a 'window of opportunity' presents itself. Tomorrow, Tuesday 14th July, looks 'Good to go'! Our intended destination is Dingle but I have a niggling doubt re the latter few hours of the passage. A forecast of F4/F4 (Winds Force 4 with Gusts Force 4 - see forecast above) could easily become something stronger. And remember that the Windguru forecasts are issued SIX hours in advance, e.g. the above forecast was actually issued at 18:00 on Monday evening! So, we will play this one by ear. And Fenit is always there if the weather does blow up! And of course being based in Fenit for an overnight makes it possible to leave at any time in the morning...no lock to be negotiated, unlike Kilrush.
As it stands, we plan to depart Kilrush at the earliest possible time, i.e. 08:00 when the Scattery Island ferry departs. A straight run to Dingle will take approx. 8 hours. Thus our expected arrival would be circa 16:00 just when the forecast switches to F4/F4.
From 2015-07-14 Arthur's Coastal Cruise 2015 - Part 2